Applications are open for startups in the United States that are working to reduce inequities exacerbated by climate change
Dream.Org’s inaugural Climate Tech LaunchPad program will help Black and Latinx innovators and owners of climate tech businesses to overcome the barriers that stand in their way of growing and scaling climate and cleantech solutions, especially in disadvantaged communities.
Dream.Org is teaming up with Village Capital with additional support from Wells Fargo, and the San Francisco 49ers to launch a milestone-based fellowship program for Black and Latinx-led startups innovating in the climate tech space and working to ensure a green transition for all. These solutions will create a localized impact for underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the clean energy transition in the United States.
Applications close on June 20, 2023. Program details and eligibility criteria can be found here.
With the recent passage of the Inflation Reduction Act, $369B has been allocated for climate investment over the next 10 years. As a result of this historic action by the government, the green economy will surely see a boom. However, Black and Latinx innovators and entrepreneurs continue to face significant barriers – especially with respect to accessing capital – that prevents or limits their ability to grow and scale to seize the moment.
Dream.Org is building an inclusive green economy. We work to ensure that U.S. climate investment goes to the people and places most impacted by poverty and pollution - and that it flows through minority-owned businesses to produce massive work, wealth, and health benefits for working-class communities and communities of color.
The LaunchPad program will focus on unblocking the talent and genius that exists in communities of color to bring all of the best solutions to the table to fight climate change, while building health and wealth for future generations.
The selected entrepreneurs will participate in an intensive one-week virtual investment readiness training workshop, followed by two monthly virtual cohort meetings and one in-person Program Summit. A founder/C-suite member of each selected startup will travel with all expenses included to an in-person Program Summit in Oakland, CA in October to interact with one of the biggest ecosystems of the country.
The 8-10 selected startups will receive an equity-free grant fund of around USD $3,000 for their participation and completion of the accelerator program. The top two peer-selected startups will receive an equity-free grant funding of USD $10,000 from Dream.Org to support their operations
Who Should Apply?
We’re looking for 8-10 startups focused on addressing:
- Built Environment (Heating & Cooling, Energy Efficiency, and Construction Tech) including efficient heat pumps, improved insulation, financing solutions, or clean or circular construction materials.
- Electric Transportation and Infrastructure (EV Charging, Battery Technology, and Models that Promote Greater Access) including greater access to EVs and charging stations, improved charging efficiency, vehicle-to-grid (V2G), alternative production and recycling methods for batteries, or wireless charging.
- Food Systems (Sustainable Protein Production, Farming, and Food Waste Tech) including alternative & cultivated proteins, vertical & precision, alternative packaging, upcycled food, and increased access to affordable, nutritious meals.
- Circular Economy (Circular Textiles, Plastics, Automotive, and Electronics) including resale fashion, sustainable clothing, elimination of packaging, recyclability tech, ride-sharing, remanufacturing of parts, or product-as-a-service.
- Carbon Tech (Carbon-to-Value, Carbon Utilization, and Carbon Accounting) including carbon-to-value applications in building materials, agtech, new materials, and platforms to help organizations track and monitor their carbon emissions data.
- May 15, 2023 - Applications Open
- June 20, 2023 - Applications Close
- August 2, 2023 - Cohort Announced
- July - October 2023 - Program Workshops
- October 25-27, 2023 - In-Person Programs