The Dream.Org Empathy Network is a community of activists impacted by the criminal justice system. Grassroots activism has the power to transform an invisible issue into a movement with long-lasting measurable impact. Yet, the ones with solutions are often furthest from the economic resources to put an effective plan into action.
Who is advocating for the advocate? That’s where the Empathy Network Leaders Fund comes in.
The Justice team at Dream.Org is looking to partner with directly impacted leaders at the state and local levels. Are you organizing campaigns, events, and/ or programs for those impacted by the criminal justice system? Providing services for the formerly incarcerated and their families? Footing expenses towards the advancement of criminal justice reform out of pocket? Team up with us!
The Dream.Org Empathy Network Leadership Fund is an opportunity to apply for a grant of up to $2,500 to support your activism. And the sky’s the limit!
In order to apply, we ask that you meet the following criteria:
- Must be directly impacted by the criminal justice system
- Must have engaged with Dream.Org and our work for 6 months or more
- Have at least a 1-2 year documented history of working as a reform advocate
- Be willing to present a 3-5 slide deck & a one-pager in a 10-15 minute oral presentation on how funds will be used.
- Be willing to list Dream.Org as a sponsor on your website (if applicable) or any social media, promotional materials, or acknowledgments.
- Be willing to follow up with Dream.Org within 30 days of the sponsored event or program’s conclusion to share the results.
The following details cover the grant process:
- The maximum grant for the Fiscal Year 2022 (January – December) is $2,500 per organization.
- The Justice team will respond to applications within 30 days.
- The Justice team will issue grants until the Fund has been depleted, at which point it will ask applicants to wait until Fiscal Year 2023.